Monday, July 29, 2013

Before we moved here I shared with some of my dear sisters in Christ that I often felt like David from the Bible.  The reason I felt this way is because I felt like I was about to face Goliath and I knew it wasn't going to be easy.  I knew I was going to face this giant with a few stones in comparison to his shield and sword...but I also knew that I was going to be prepared just as David did.  When you look at David's life you realize that it wasn't like God just said, "Hey go fight that Giant for me."  Instead little by little God was preparing him for this HUGE step of faith...and this would continue on throughout David's life.  Sometimes he would step out and faith and sometimes he would fall flat on his face.
Today is a day I feel like I fell flat on my face...
Why you may ask?  Although I can't exactly pinpoint the precise cause it is just a general overall feeling of homesickness, exhaustion, loneliness... I think a lot of these feelings came out today as we started something new in our session.   Having to finally say these words that we have been hearing over and over again proved to be QUITE humbling and difficult.  I so badly want to be good at learning this language.  I want it to come quickly and so we can move on to the other region and help out...but instead here I am inching along.  Barely able to say "This is a dog." or "That is a woman." 
I don't say all of this to whine...but rather to Praise God for the way He has faithfully prepared me for this day.  I didn't know when it was going to be or how it was going to hit...but I knew there would be good days and bad days.  And I am sooo thankful for a faithful Heavenly Father who is willing to carry my through today and into tomorrow.  Where once again I will try and say, "This is a ____"  Thank you Heavenly Father....and thank you friends and family praying for us.  We ALL need it...keep them coming!

No comments: